Try the Cold Plunge Technique with the Best Infrared Sauna
Heat therapy has become a very popular method of self-care over recent years, which is why so many people are searching for the best infrared sauna on the market. There are also years of scientific studies backing up the health benefits that saunas provide; so, not only do they feel good but they also promote general wellness on a physiological basis. With the invention and increasing availability of home saunas, more people are experimenting with routines to maximize the advantages of the product. For example, the integration of the “cold plunge” technique.
The alternating hot sauna, cold plunge experience can be traced back hundreds of years. Old Nordic cultures were known for introducing this kind of hot/cold cycle and thus it is known as the Nordic Cycle. Typically, the technique involves a twenty-minute sauna session which is immediately followed by a dip in an extremely cold pool or a cold shower. The cycle can be repeated over and over until the body feels a certain level of relaxation. While this range in extremes may sound crazy, it does have some real health benefits, one of which is increased circulation. Here are some of the other advantages to the Nordic Cycle:
- Reducing Inflammation – Those who suffer from joint pain and other inflammation issues can find relief in the hot sauna, cold plunge method.
- Enhancing Blood Flow – The addition of the cold plunge can have immediate impacts on blood flow. The extreme coldness can trigger the body to increase blood flow and thus provide a feeling of rejuvenation.
- Increasing Endorphins – When alternating between hot and cold, the body experiences increased adrenaline, heart rate, and endorphins (similar to that of exercise). This can alleviate symptoms of pain, boost energy, and lighten one’s mood.
- Detoxification – According to recent studies, the hot/cold cycle can trigger lymphatic circulation. This process is responsible for detoxifying the body, otherwise known as eliminating harmful waste. This can be very beneficial to maintain health and wellness.
- Reducing Soreness – Whether you are a professional athlete or just perform regular exercise, you could benefit from the Nordic Cycle by reducing soreness. The heat of the sauna is known for relaxing muscles and the cold plunge can target ailments in the joints.
- Rejuvenating Skin – When you participate in the hot sauna, cold plunge method, you improve your chances of having good skin. In fact, the blood circulation that comes with this technique can help brighten skin and keep it free from toxins.
As you can see, there are many advantages to integrating the cold plunge into your sauna sessions at home. When you find the best infrared sauna for your lifestyle, you will be able to take even more control of your overall health and happiness. Make sure to follow safety guidelines and consult your doctor if you have any negative symptoms from this technique. The hot/cold cycle is not recommended for those who have naturally higher blood pressure or other health problems. Pregnant women should take caution when using a sauna and follow direct recommendations from their primary care physician.